Pinterest Verification

Friday, December 9, 2016

Meet the Hargroves!: 4 months until we get hitched

Oh goodness, it's only FOUR months away! Yikes! We have gotten a few more wedding planning things accomplished in the past month but the holidays are really slowing me down. Here's what we have completed:



BRIDAL PARTY "ASK"

We officially asked our bridal party. Most of the people we had already talked to ahead of time but of course I had to do something more official [duh!]. I found cute "ask" cards from Marrygrams and Firefly Paper Studio to send to the adult bridal party members with a sweet note inside. And for the children in the bridal party, I found these adorable confetti poppers from Relish Print Design that "ask" them to be in the wedding. My nieces and nephew had fun exploding the poppers on Thanksgiving weekend at my parent's home. You can see the aftermath in the first image of the post.

REHEARSAL DINNER

We finished planning the rehearsal dinner with Matt's mom. We're having a Southern buffet dinner in the ballroom of a local hotel, followed by a slideshow his mom wants to make for us (so sweet!) and after-dinner-drinks at Normal Bar (where Matt and I met).

CEREMONY

We picked out our ceremony reading. It's an excerpt from a silly but sweet children's book from the '60s called "I Like You" by Sandol Stoddard Warburg. We also planned out the basics of our ceremony but will finalize with our officiant closer to the wedding date.

OTHER THINGS WE'VE DONE

- Finished our wedding website.
- Finished registering.
- Sent save the dates.

WHAT WE NEED TO DO IN THE NEXT MONTH

- Decide on the dudes' outfits.
- Find a florist.
- Order cakes and rentals.
- Order programs and signage.

HOW WE'RE FEELING

Pretty good. Focusing on the holidays is a welcome break from wedding planning. And it's nice to be able to get opinions and talk things through face-to-face with my mom, sisters, and family. We're trudging along, although I can't make up my mind on the final decor decisions. Ugh. Time is ticking.

Stay tuned for more wedding updates! #mattandchelseagethitched

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment