Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

HAPPY 2015!!

http://blog.freepeople.com/2015/01/5-ways-detox-mentally-physically-year/

I know it's halfway through January already but my new year has only just begun. In fact, this past weekend, boyfriend and I did a symbolic redo of New Year's Eve with champagne  and a countdown and everything. Even a house cleanse. I'll be honest - 2015 didn't really start out too great. Both boyfriend and I were sick with a cold and then I was better for one glorious, optimistic day only to catch the flu the next day. Plus I started my first full-time week at my job and had to miss a couple of days because of that flu. Ugh. 2015 just wasn't looking very promising around here. So we had a redo. We were both finally feeling much better and ready to take on 2015. So we did. And now I'm here to share a few of my plans and projects for this new year.

I don't really make personal New Year's resolutions because I make birthday resolutions (27 things to do by 28, 28 by 29, etc...you can see my current birthday resolutions HERE). But I do have a focus for 2015 and that is HEALTH + WELLNESS. I bet you can guess what prompted THAT focus. I've been feeling very disheartened with my immune system but have also been feeling tired and anxious a lot and having trouble sleeping. Plus my skin and hair and nails have been a bit lackluster as of late. It just feels like it's time to do a complete overhaul of my health habits (or lack thereof). I'm gonna try to implement new positive health habits each month to help me feel better and live a more healthful life.

Of course, I also have a zillion plans and ideas and projects I'd like to consider in 2015. Here are a few links I found to be particularly interesting...

I really like this post from Unfancy on capsule wardrobes (as seen on A Beautiful Mess). Something to consider this year, as I build a more polished and professional wardrobe.

Bullet journaling seems like an interesting organization and documentation tool that might be right up my alley.

Designlovefest got it right when she resolved to take more field trips.

This article on the Free People blog has a great suggestion for improving your quality of sleep (a big part of my wellness plan).

I might try this 30 Days of Minimalism challenge at some point this year.

After marathoning ALL of Gilmore Girls, I need to get started on The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge.

I'm cat-sitting my mom's cat, Picasso, for the next few months so I'd like to try to make these Junk Food Cat Toys from A Beautiful Mess for him. CUTE.

I'd like to get better at styling my hair this year. This French Twist Ponytail tutorial from 100 Layer Cake looks fun.

I'm hoping that this will be the year that I submit my home for a House Tour or House Call on Apartment Therapy. Fingers crossed!

What are your goals for this year? Have you gotten started with any of your ideas or are you starting your new year a little later like us? XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment