Pinterest Verification

Monday, September 1, 2014

MONTHLY MOODZ // SEPTEMBER 2014

Hello, hello, kittens! It's the first of September which means it's time to start preparing for my favorite of all seasons - FALL. Plus my three favorite holidays [Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas] will be here in no time. Come October 1st, I am in a perpetual state of holiday season-induced bliss. This year, I hope to use September to get a head start on prepping for the holidays and planning out some fun seasonal shindigs, recipes & crafts. Here is my monthly mood board...

1. I've had a bit of wanderlust lately and have been dreaming of the west coast. Big Sur is definitely a place I would love to see soon and this book, Big Sur and the Oranges of Hieronymus Bosch, by one of my favorite authors, Henry Miller, seems like a great place to get acquainted with Big Sur as it was in the early 20th-century.

2. I love a good side braid and this month I would like to get better at braiding my hair. My hair has gotten extremely long and I tend to be pretty boring with it - I either blowdry it straight to wear down or throw it all on top of my head in a gigantic topknot. It's time to start getting a little more creative and learning some hairstyling skills. *I cannot seem to find the source for this image. If anyone knows where it is from, please comment so that I can properly give credit. Thanks!

3. Kimonos are a huge trend that I want to be a part of. I like how they manage to be flowy + comfortable while still looking pretty. This DIY shows you how to make your own kimono and it actually seems pretty easy. Time to dust off my sewing machine!

4. September is a perfect time to spruce up the porch + outdoor - the slightly cooler temperatures are MADE for morning coffee on the porch and bonfires in the backyard. I LOVE this backyard area from Smitten Studio - the dark walls, wood bench + fun textiles. And the red outdoor fireplace is AMAZING.

5. My bf and I are really enjoying living + nesting together. We both really enjoy spending time outside and this fall we would like to start grilling out more. These grilled pizzas from Rachael Ray look like a delicious place to start.

What are YOUR monthly moodz for September?

No comments:

Post a Comment